• 8 oz. spaghetti
• 4 oz. (half a stick) butter • ¾-1 T. black pepper, freshly cracked • ½-¾ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook to al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the fresh cracked pepper.
- When the butter begins to bubble, turn off the flame and remove from heat.
- When the pasta is ready, add the noodles and 2-3 tbsp. of the pasta water to the sauté pan.
- Cook over medium high heat until the liquid bubbles and thickens, tossing the pasta as needed.
- Remove from the heat and add the Parmesan cheese, tossing rigorously until all ingredients are incorporated into a creamy sauce.
- Garnish with additional black pepper and Parmesan, and serve immediately.
Fabio’s Bruschetta With Cherry Tomato Tapenade
• 2 cups cherry tomatoes (we used red and yellow)
• ½ cups kalamata olives, pitted • 6-8 green onions, chopped • ⅓ cup pine nuts • Fresh ground pepper and kosher salt • 8-10 leaves fresh basil, torn, plus more for garnish • ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling • 2 oz. block Parmesan cheese, cubed, plus additional Parmesan for grating • 1 Italian or French baguette
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the tomatoes, olives, green onions, pine nuts, pinch of salt and pepper, basil, olive oil, and Parmesan cubes into the jar of a food processor.
- Slice the bread in generous, uniform pieces, and top with olive oil and a light sprinkle of salt.
- Place on the preheated grill pan and cook, until grill marks appear.
- Meanwhile, using the pulse button on your food processor, combine and chop the ingredients until well combined. Be careful not to over-process!
- Remove the tapenade to a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with a touch more olive oil as needed, and combine.
- To serve, top each warm slice of grilled bread with a generous amount of tapenade.
- Garnish with chopped basil, fresh ground pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and freshly grated Parmesan.
Fabio's new cookbook, "Fabio's Italian Kitchen," is available at www.amazon.com. For more information on the chef and to subscribe to his newsletter, "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to www.fabioviviani.com.