1. Combine the bread crumbs and pecorino Romano in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
2. Put the flour, the eggs, and the bread-crumb mixture into three separate shallow dishes. Dip each piece of chicken in flour, shake off the excess, then dip in egg and let excess drip off before dredging in bread crumbs to coat.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
4. Heat the olive oil in deep sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the cutlets for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until they are golden brown. As each breast is cooked place on a platter and set aside.
5. In a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken breasts in a single layer, lay down the cutlets and top them with the marinara sauce, then mozzarella, and finally parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the mozzarella starts to melt.
6. Sprinkle the chopped basil (optional) over the dish and serve.