Ingredients for Espresso Rub
- ½ cup finely ground espresso coffee
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Ingredients for Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of manufacturing cream
- 2 ounces of bourbon
- Pinch of kosher salt
Ingredients for Pork Chops
- 4 Frenched Pork Chops 10 ounces each
- ½ pound of watercress or 8 ounces of
- 8 Kumato Tomatoes or 12 Cocktail Tomatoes or Vine Ripened
- 1 tablespoon of EVOO
- 4 ounces of Point Reyes Blue Cheese
Recipe Courtesy Chef Wayne Elias
1. For the rub, mix all the dry ingredients together and place on a plate.
2. Take each pork chop and dredge in the rub mixture on each side.
3. Heat a saute pan with the oil and cook each pork chop for 1 minute on each side. Then transfer to a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees, and cook for about 8 minutes until medium temperature (about 135 degrees internal temp).
4. While the pork is cooking, prepare the bourbon caramel sauce.
Bourbon Caramel Sauce:
1. Take a sauce pan, and place the white sugar in it. On medium heat, melt the sugar, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
2. Keep a close eye on this until the sugar is all melted and has a caramel color. Then add the bourbon and cook for another minute.
3. Remove from the heat, add the cream and then cook for another 2 minutes -- stirring constantly. Then remove from heat and keep warm.
1. When the pork chops are done, place them on the cutting board and allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
2. Slice them on an angle and place on the dinner plates.
3. Then butterfly 2 tomatoes for each plate and place them on top of the watercress or sprouts layered with a piece of the Pt Reyes blue cheese on top. Drizzle with EVOO .
4. Then drizzle the bourbon caramel sauce on top of the pork and a little bit on the tomatoes.