Recipe Adapted From Jen's Favorite Cookies
Ingredients for Ricotta and Strawberries:
• 8oz of whole milk ricotta
• 1 pint of strawberries, washed stemmed and halved • 6 cracks of pink peppercorn • Chiffonade of 3 fresh basil leaves • 2 teaspoons of local honey
- Scoop ricotta into the center of a round serving platter.
- Arrange strawberries around ricotta.
- Top with basil, pink peppercorn, and drizzled honey.
Lemon Thyme Shortbread Ingredients:
• ¾ cup butter
• ½ cup powdered sugar • ½ teaspoon salt • 1 tablespoon lemon zest • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, (leaves removed from stems) • 1½ cups flour
- Cream butter and powdered sugar. Add salt, zest, lemon juice, and thyme. Mix well.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and chill for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to ¼-inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters or a knife to cut shapes approximately 2 inches in width.
- Place shapes on a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool before eating.
Make sure you watch Erik on " Graceland," Wednesdays on USA 10/9c.
And be sure to follow Erik on twitter