- 6 cups almonds
- 2 ¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
1. Blanch almonds to remove skins, then dry in oven at 200˚ F. Make sure they don’t toast, just dry.
2. Pulverize almonds in food processor until made into fine meal.
3. Mix almonds with both sugars, then fold in egg whites and almond extract with spatula until it makes a thick paste.
4. Heat oven to 300˚ F. Butter a baking sheet.
5. Shape cookie into horn shapes (they will spread).
6. Bake 20-25 minutes, then remove and cool before serving.