Cheese, meat, crunch, and sweet will help you create the perfect board.
Envy™ Apple Cheese Board
Around the House - Apple Cheese Board - Home & Family
- envy apples (1 whole, 1 large dice, 1 sliced into thin wedges)
- 1 package prosciutto
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 4-8 ounce wedge aged gouda
- 1-2 cups candied walnuts
- Hot honey (recipe below)
- Marinated feta (recipe below)
- Various crackers, pretzels, and other accoutrements as needed
- 1-3 manzano chiles, thinly sliced
- 1 cup honey
- 8 ounces feta, roughly cubed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 3-inch strips lemon zest
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup olive oil
- Assemble mini skewers: thread one cube of envy apple and one cube of sharp cheddar cheese on toothpick, repeat until finished with both. Place on cheese board
- Assemble wrapped apple slices: tear prosciutto slices into shreds and wrap a few around slices of envy apple. Place on cheese board.
- Place whole envy apple on board. Place aged gouda on board with cheese knife. Scatter candied walnuts around board arfully. Fill in gaps on board with crackers, pretzels, and any other accoutrements you enjoy!
- Add honey and chile to small saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium-low heat.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting and cook chile in honey for one hour.
- Taste honey and adjust heat by adding more chiles to taste.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Strain honey through sieve into small glass jar. Cover and refrigerate
- Put cheese in mason jar.
- Crack fennel seeds and peppercorns with heavy skillet.
- Add fennel seeds, peppercorns, lemon zest, bay leaves, and oregano to saucepan. Pour olive oil over.
- Heat over low flame until warm, then gently stir/swirl until infused, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let oil cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour oil over cheese in jar. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours before serving.