- Box of small/medium ripe tomatoes
- Small red onion
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- Feta Cheese
- Virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe lemon
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh mint
- Kalamata olives
No lettuce is used in this salad! It's the way us Greeks make it!
- Cut tomatoes in halves. Place in salad bowl.
- Thinly slice red onion (small slivers) using only ⅓ of the onion. Not too much onion! Place in bowl with tomatoes.
- Slice the cucumbers thick and cut each slice in ½. Place in bowl with tomatoes and red onions.
- Crumble ¼ cup to ½ cup of feta cheese and place in bowl with the vegetables.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut lemon in ½ and squeeze over salad.
- Chop fresh mint and use with sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste!
- You can also throw in some Kalamata olives if you want!
" How To Live With Your Parents" star Elizabeth Perkins is featured in the documentary "Strength in Numbers" about the importance of a support system in the lives of diabetics. Visit diabetescostars.com for more information.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.