- White Chocolate (Melted)
- Chocolate Mousse (recipe below)
Ingredients for Chocolate Mousse
- 2 ½ cups cream
- 1 Tbsp. gelatin
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/5 cup baker’s sugar
- 1/3 pound dark chocolate
- Piping Bags
- Acetate Baking Sheet
- Ring Cutter
- Palette Knife
- Birthday Cake Candle
Directions for Chocolate Mousse
1. Heat 1 cup of cream in a saucepan until it starts to steam. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Put the gelatin and 2 Tbsp. water in a small bowl and leave for a few minutes to swell
3. Beat the egg yolks until thick and light in color. Add the sugar and beat well.
4. Add a little of the hot cream to the egg mixture and beat well. Add the remaining hot cream gradually.
5. Return the mixture to the saucepan and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until thickened slightly.
6. Add the chocolate and stir until melted.
7. Stir in the gelatin and remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
8. Refrigerate the chocolate mixture until cold, but not yet setting.
9. Beat the remaining cream until stiff and fold the whipped cream in the chocolate mixture. Then fold the chocolate mixture into remaining whipped cream.
Directions for Candles
1. Wrap ring cutter with an acetate baking sheet. Tape the sheet in place and remove ring cutter. This will be the shape of the candle.
2. Apply melted chocolate to inside of acetate cylinder. Allow to completely harden.
3. Once chocolate is hardened, remove tape and remove acetate sheet.
4. Pour melted white chocolate down on parchment paper. Allow to harden a little bit then use ring cutter to cut out base of candle.
5. Heat the bottom of cylinder candle on pan and attach to base.
6. Use a piping bag full of melted chocolate to make “wax drips” around the candle.
7. Use a piping bag full of your favorite chocolate or chocolate mousse and fill the candle halfway, add raspberries, finish off with more mousse.
8. Pipe remaining chocolate on top and pop in birthday cake candle.
9. Light candles just before serving and serve immediately!