Directions for Cake
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
3. Cream together butter and sugar. Alternate adding in dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending with dry mixture. Fold in egg whites and pour into 9”x9” pan greased and lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 20 min.
Directions for Icing
Mix all ingredients besides food coloring together until smooth. Divide into four different bowls and add different color food coloring to each bowl
Directions for Black Speckle
Mix water and cocoa powder together
1. Dip fan brush in chocolate mixture
2. Run finger along brush over the cake to make light chocolate splatters on top
3. Use black and white fondant to make eyes and mouth
Trim sides off cake
Take Easter Egg Cookie Cutter and cut out as many Easter eggs as you can from the cake
Slice eggs in half and spread about 1 teaspoon of Jam onto one of the slices (make sure to add jam to the inside not outside of cake slice)
Sandwich the two slices back together
Pour icing on top of cakes using a spoon. Let it drip over onto the sides (do this on a rack over wax paper so the icing can drip to the bottom. Shake rack to get excess icing off)
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page