- ½ lb. orecchiette
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp shaved garlic
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. julienne sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup duck confit, shredded (can substituted with cooked and shredded chicken thigh meat)
- ½ cup blanched escarole
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. parmesan
- 2 tbsp. butter
1. Prepare orecchiette according to package instructions.
2. In a cold sauté pan add oil and shaved garlic. Once the garlic starts to turn golden add the chili flakes, shredded duck confit, sundried tomatoes and blanched escarole. Pour in chicken stock and reduce until liquid emulsifies with the duck, about 2 minutes.
3. By this time pasta should be cooked. Add pasta to pan with a small amount of pasta water. Season with parmesan, salt, pepper and olive oil.
4. Garnish on the plate with parmesan cheese and a nice olive oil.