Ingredients for the Donut Pancakes
- 4 glazed yeast donuts, day old if possible
- ¼ cup AP flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
Ingredients for the Maple Bacon Sauce
- 4 pieces bacon (about ¼ pound) minced
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
For the Donut Pancakes:
1. In a 225 degree oven, bake donuts until all moisture has been released. Set aside and let chill to room temp.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons butter, reserve.
3. In a spice grinder or food processor pulse baked donuts until all that is left is a fine powder, or “flour”, reserve. Mix donut “flour” with AP flour and add remaining fry ingredients.
4. Beat egg, combine melted butter and remaining wet ingredients. Stir into dry ingredients.
5. Mix until barely together.
6. In a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat, add remaining butter and cook until bubbles form. Flip pancake and let cook additional 1-2 minutes or until done.
7. Serve with maple bacon sauce.
For the Maple Bacon Sauce:
1. Over medium heat in a heavy bottom pot, cook bacon until crisp.
2. Drain fat and deglaze with ACV, then apple juice. Add maple syrup.
3. Cook slowly until it comes together to nappè.