Ingredients for Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon ground Kona Coffee
Ingredients for Toppings
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons coffee or espresso
- Optional: 8 oz. chocolate, melted
- Optional: Sprinkles
Makes 2 dozen cookies
1. Into a stand up mixer, cream butter 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and mix. Add egg and mix to combine. Add salt and flour 1 cup at a time until dough forms. Add ground coffee until mixed in.
2. Place dough in gallon size bag and form into log. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a sharp knife, slice dough into 1/2" slices. Place on baking sheet and bake 13 minutes or until edges are slightly golden but cookies are still soft. Allow cookies to cool completely.
4. Into a bowl, mix powdered sugar and coffee until smooth. Dip cookies half way into glaze and place on wire rack to set. Another topping could be to dip the cookies half way into melted dark or milk chocolate. Optional: Add sprinkles.