This recipe from Hallmark Publishing’s latest book “Wrapped up in Christmas Joy" is sure to bring joy to your next dinner.
Dilly Duchess Potatoes
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 2 eggs, large, beaten
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons dill, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup or more of heavy cream (to get desired consistency)
- 1/3 cup butter melted
DILLY DUCHESS POTATOES DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes in boiling water until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain and place in a large mixing bowl to cool, about 20 minutes
- Add in eggs, butter, dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Blend well and add cream a little at a time until it is smooth. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Pipe onto a baking sheet or sheets.
- Melt remaining butter and drizzle on top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.