- 1 9-inch round frozen pie dough, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Various candies, cereals, and sprinkles for decorating
- 12-inch cardboard circle cutout
Recipe By Dan Kohler, 2/12/2020
Yield: ~8 Servings
1. Heat oven to 350˚f, line sheet tray with parchment paper.
2. Roll out pie dough until it is roughly 12 inches in diameter.
3. Brush pie dough with egg wash.
4. Fold edge of dough over on top of itself all the way around the circle, making a “pizza crust.” Press to adhere to egg wash.
5. Whisk together sugar and cinnamon. Liberally sprinkle all over pie dough. Avoiding the “pizza crust” edge.
6. Transfer pie dough to parchment-lined sheet tray.
7. Poke pie dough all over with fork to prevent bubbles from forming in the oven.
8. Bake for 15-30 minutes or until golden brown on top
9. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
10. Smear chocolate-hazelnut spread all over crust, avoiding the “pizza crust” edge.
11. Cut one triangle wedge out of the cardboard circle, it should be equal to ⅛ of the circle.
12. Hold the cardboard circle over the pizza. Sprinkle first topping through the cutout wedge to create a perfect “pizza slice” on the chocolate spread.
13. Rotate the cardboard circle ⅛ and continue adding a new topping, repeat all the way around the pizza until all slices are topped.