Pecan pie is a Thanksgiving staple and Debbie makes it even more memorable by using McCormick® Ground Cinnamon and adding a sweet layer of chocolate to kick it up a notch.
Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie
15m Prep Time 1h Cook Time
Try this luscious variation of a classic pecan pie for a memorable end to your holiday meal. The spicy crunch of a traditional pecan pie nestles on top of a layer of divinely rich chocolate.
Decadent Chocolate Pecan Pie - Home & Family
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, (from 14.1-ounce package)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons mccormick® all natural pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Mccormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with pie crust. Bake 7 minutes. Remove crust from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Meanwhile, microwave chocolate chips and milk in a medium microwavable bowl on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour chocolate evenly over the crust.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Slowly pour mixture over chocolate layer. Place a ring of foil around the edges of the crust to prevent over-browning.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until filling is puffed and the center is still soft enough to move when shaken gently. Cool on a completely wire rack.