- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 12 ounces crab meat (fresh or canned and drained)
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup Panko or other fine bread crumbs
Recipe courtesy of "Debbie Macomber's Christmas Cookbook: Favorite Recipes and Holiday Traditions From My Home To Yours"
• Sour cream
• Paprika • Snipped fresh chives Recipe:
- In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. Fold in crab meat, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir in 4 tablespoons of bread crumbs until mixture just holds together. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Roll crab mixture into large walnut-sized balls. Drop balls into bread crumbs in bowl; gently roll balls until coated. Place on a baking sheet; gently press to flatten slightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat over to 400 degrees. Remove plastic; bake for 20 minutes, until crisp, golden and warmed through.
- Top cakes with a tiny dollop of sour cream, a sprinkle of paprika and minced chives.