Debbie and Betsy Brandt cook Quinoa Enchiladas.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (10-ounce) can Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- See a Cheddar Potato Casserole Recipe
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Home & Family
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8×8 or 2 quart baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a separate bowl, combine quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin and chili powder; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in about ½ to a cup of desired cheese.
- Spread quinoa mixture into the baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until dish is warm and the cheese has melted.
- Top with diced avocado, tomato and extra cheese!