Turkey White Bean Chili with Avocado Crema in Tostitos Cup
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 1 Each Yellow, Red, Green pepper, diced
- 4 Cloves garlic minced or microplaned
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1.5 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 3 chipotles in adobo chopped with 2 Tbsp. of the sauce
- 1 lb Ground turkey, I prefer dark for flavor
- 1 12oz Mexican beer
- 1 14oz can whole peeled tomatoes with sauce, crushed by hand
- 2 15 oz can white beans (cannellini) drained
- 1 can crushed one left whole
- Jack Cheese
- 2 Avocados, pitted and removed from their skin
- 1⁄2 cup Sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes + a little zest
- healthy pinch of salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat.
- Sautee onion, peppers, garlic, salt, chili powder, cumin and oregano and cook about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and the chipotle and sauce; cook about 1 min.
- Add the turkey, breaking it up as you go cook just until its not pink, 3 minutes or so.
- Add the beer and simmer until reduced by about half, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the juice plus the beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a gentle simmer for about 30 min or until desired thickness.
- Garnish with jack cheese and cilantro.
Combine in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
Roasted Butternut Squash, Kale and Goat Cheese Pizza
- Frozen pizza dough, about 4 balls thawed
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and top half only and cut into small half moons reserving the rest for another use
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Flavored oil- recipe below
- 8 Ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 8 Ounces shredded fontina cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chili flake
- 1 Jar pizza sauce
- Fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- pinch chili flake
- pinch black pepper
- Set grill - Half to med-high, half medium heat.
- Pre cook the squash by tossing in plain olive oil just to coat, season with a good pinch of salt and roast just until tender about 20 min, remove and set aside to cool.
- Cut balls of dough in half and roll out onto a well floured surface, they should look like mini pizzas, don’t worry if its not round- just an even thickness.
- Brush off excess flour and brush flavored oil on top of the dough and carefully Place the dough oiled side down onto the hot oiled grill and cook the first side, rotating after it starts to bubble to ensure even cooking.
- Have your ingredients ready, slide the dough to a cooler part of the grill flip dough and continue by brushing the top with a little more flavored oil then a mixture of the cheeses, dollop the sauce over various parts add squash and a pinch of chili flake and salt.
- Grill just until done on the underside, you may have to rotate the dough to ensure even cooking.
- A little charring is extra flavor.
- Top with torn basil and finish with more flavored oil.
FLAVORED OIL Heat oil to just below a simmer, pour over remaining ingredients steep at least 20 min. Strain before leaving.
Caramel Apples on the Grill with Salted Caramel Drizzle
- 8 apples, I like Pink Lady or Honeycrisp
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. allspice
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, lightly toasted
- 1 stick of butter cold
Salted caramel Drizzle
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. fleur de sel
- 1⁄4 cup cre`me fraiche or sour cream
- Core the apple, removing the seeds about 2/3 of the way down- careful not to go all the way through.
- Fill the apples with the spice mix and top with the pecans and raisins, top with 1 Tbsp. cold butter.
- Wrap tightly in foil and grill over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, tender but not mushy.
- Carefully unwrap and enjoy with caramel drizzle.
Salted Caramel Drizzle In a saucepan combine sugar, syrup and water and cook over high heat until amber brown about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and slowly add the cream and the salt. Whisk in Crème fraiche and set aside to cool.