- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 15-20 chocolate-dipped cannoli shells
- Green sugar to garnish (optional)
- 8 oz cream cheese, cut in four pieces and brought to room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
Beat together the cream cheese, ricotta, sugar, and peppermint extract in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Fold in 1/4 cup of the crushed peppermint candies.
place the filling into a cookie press or piping bag with a plain tip. Fill each shell enough to form a nice dollop on the edge of each cannoli shell. Once filled, sprinkle a pinch of crushed peppermint candies and green sugar on the visible dollop of filling on each end of the cannoli.
COOK'S NOTES: Add a few drops of red or green food coloring to the filling to make these cannoli even more festive.
Place the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, molasses, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth. Scrape the mixture into a medium-size bowl and fold in the whipped topping. Place in a serving dish.
COOK'S NOTES: Serve this dip with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and/or fruit.