Ingredients for Brownies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Ingredients for Mint Layer
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
Ingredients for Chocolate Glaze
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 16 thin crème de menthe chocolate mints (such as Andes), chopped (about ¾ cup)
Hands-on time: 15 MINUTES
Total time: 2 hours 22 MINUTES
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil allowing 3 inches to extend over 2 sides; lightly grease the foil with cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a large saucepan over low. Stir in the sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together the flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl; stir into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, about 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, Make the Mint Layer: Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Spread over the cooled brownies. Chill for 1 hour.
5. Make the Chocolate Glaze: Place the chocolate chips and cream in a small microwavable bowl, and microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) until melted and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals. Spread over the Mint Layer. Sprinkle with the chopped mints. Chill until ready to serve.
6. Remove from the pan using the foil sides as handles. Cut into 16 squares.