Siri Daly is making a sweet treat in the kitchen with a homemade glaze.
Dark Chocolate-Mint Brownies with Chocolate Glaze
Total Time: 2 hrs, 22 mins.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 (4-ounce) bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For Mint Layer
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons whole milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
For Chocolate Glaze
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 16 thin crème de menthe chocolate mints (such as Andes), chopped (about ¾ cup)
Hands-on time: 15 MINUTES
Total time: 2 hours 22 MINUTES
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil allowing 3 inches to extend over 2 sides; lightly grease the foil with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a large saucepan over low. Stir in the sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Stir together the flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl; stir into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Make the Mint Layer: Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Spread over the cooled brownies. Chill for 1 hour.
- Make the Chocolate Glaze: Place the chocolate chips and cream in a small microwavable bowl, and microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) until melted and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals. Spread over the Mint Layer. Sprinkle with the chopped mints. Chill until ready to serve.
- Remove from the pan using the foil sides as handles. Cut into 16 squares.