- 3 large carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 16 slider brioche buns
- 1 small purple cabbage
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ Cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Yield: 16 Sliders
1. Heat oven to 450˚
2. Peel carrots and use a spiralizer to cut into noodles, or a peeler that turns produce into shreds, approximately 4 cups.
3. Slice onion thinly, approximately 2 cups. Shred purple cabbage, approximately 4 cups.
4. Toss and massage vegetables with sea salt and olive oil, keeping the carrots and cabbage separate.
5. Line baking tray with parchment paper. Spread vegetables onto tray, keeping them separate, and roast for 15 minutes. Toss each section and cook for additional 10 minutes.
6. For sauce, in a small pan, combine the tomato paste, maple syrup, chipotle powder, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, and ½ cup filtered water. Bring to a simmer and allow to gently bubble for 10 minutes or until thickened.
7. Split slider buns and toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
8. Place roasted cabbage in a bowl. Pour sauce over carrots and onions and toss until combined. Place ¼ cup carrot mixture on each bun and top with ¼ cup roasted red cabbage.
9. Serve warm.