Chef Daniel Green is making a delicious White Bean Puree with Shrimp using items already in your pantry.
White Bean Puree with Shrimp
- 1lb peeled large shrimp
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can drained white beans (cannellini are good)
- 1 bulb garlic, sliced in half, drizzled with olive oil and wrapped in foil - bake at 420 for 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Using a stick blender or a food processor, blend the beans, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, 3 cloves garlic and basil. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place in a saucepan on a very low heat, and warm through.
- Meanwhile use the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and place it over the shrimp and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Heat a large nonstick pan on a high heat.
- Cook the shrimp for about 45 seconds to one minute each side, add the paprika and a tablespoon of olive oil with a dash of lemon. Toss and take off the heat.
- Serve over the beans with a drizzle of olive oil and some extra roasted garlic.