Daniel Green puts a filling in this easy chicken dish to kick it up to make it healthier, flavorful, and juicy.
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste*
- 12 kalamata olives chopped finely
- 2 oz crumbled fat free feta cheese
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 12 - 16 slices prosciutto
- 3 cups fresh peas or frozen
- 4-6 fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup veg broth
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Make an incision along the side of the chicken breast but do not cut all the way through. Mix the basil, olives, feta cheese, garlic, and sun-dried tom paste in a bowl. Fill 1-2 tablespoons of mixture inside the chicken. Wrap each chicken breast with 3 - 4 slices of the prosciutto, ensuring the breast is fully covered. Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, turning once during about halfway through.
- Serve with arugula and avocado salad, with a lemon dressing and a few roasted pine nuts
- If you don’t have sun-dried tomato paste, just use sun-dried tomatoes in oil and blend in a food processor
- Place the peas and garlic in a saucepan, bring to boil and simmer for 2 minutes, drain and place in a blender with the broth, mint and olive oils. Season to taste and pulse. You can leave a little chunky or smooth
- Prosciutto wrapped chicken.