- Fruit: Cherries, pineapple, grapefruit, lemons, and oranges
- Boiling water
- Boiling syrup: 700 grams sugar, 60 grams corn syrup, and 6 cups water
- Take the raw fruit and poke it all around with a needle. Make sure to push the needle far enough in to go through the skin, and pith, pressing into the flesh inside.
- Boil them in water for an hour.
- Bring the sugar syrup to a boil with the fruit inside and then let it simmer for 30-40 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, put a lid on top, and let it sit overnight. The following 8 days repeat that process.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.