- 2½ pounds pork chops <i>*ask your butcher to cut chops into 1½ inch thick pieces</i>
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorn, coarsely ground
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup okra, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup corn, charred and taken off the cobb
- ½ white onion, small dice
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 lime
- Season the pork chop generously with the pepper, cumin and salt.
- Place olive oil in a cast iron skillet under high heat and sear the pork chop on both sides. About 3 minutes on each side.
- To finish the chops, place in a 400 degree oven for about 12 minutes, or until thermometer reaches 140-150 degrees.
- In a separate cast iron skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, chopped onions and cook until soft.
- Add the minced garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes, then add the okra, tomatoes, chicken stock and lime juice.
- Allow the ingredients to come together and the flavors to incorporate with each other for about 10 minutes then season salt and pepper.
- Serve the pork chops with the succotash on top and drizzle with fresh lime juice.
Get more great recipes from Chef Jeff Henderson at www.flipmyfood.com!
THE LATEST RECIPES
Samantha Harris - White Bean Chili
Emmy award-winning TV Host and author of “Your Healthiest Healthy,” Samantha Harris shows how to make a meal the whole family will love in 20 minutes.
Peanut Butter Blondies
Tamera Mowry-Housley shows how to elevate the classic brownie for a great after-school snack.