Tomato Sauce Ingredients
- 16 or about 2.25lbs of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup of exra-virgin olive oil
- 8 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup of white wine
- ¾ teaspoon of kosher salt
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 medium basil leaves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 gloves of garlic (peeled & smashed)
Cut the tomatoes in halves and set aside in a bowl. Heat a saucepan on medium-high heat until hot. Add the olive oil and scallions and cook for 5 minutes.
Add wine and cook down more than half. Add the cut up tomatoes and salt. Simmer for 40 minutes at a slow, bubbly simmer. In a food processor (or hand mixer), puree the tomatoes a batch at a time for about 1 minutes each time. In a separate saucepan, strain the tomatoes through a chinoise or strainer with holes small enough to catch the seeds. (Do not use a mesh strainer with tightly would, small mesh- the holes are too small and the tomatoes will be too liquid. You want holes just large enough to strain the skin and seeds.
- Mix in food processor or with hand mixer.
- Add chicken stock (low sodium for a healthier option).
- Top off with croutons for a crunch, and basil leaves as added flavor.
Spaghetti Squash Ingredients
- 1 (2 to 3 pounds) spaghetti squash
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Rub squash with olive oil.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour or until knife can be inserted.
- Remove from oven and cool for 45 minutes.
- Cut lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Slide fork on the inside of the deseeding squash and see long strands that look like spaghetti pull away.
Get more great crafts and recipes from Cristina at