Cristina prepares a light and delicious salad perfect for warmer weather!
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 white grapefruit, peeled & sectioned
- 1 navel orange, peeled & sectioned
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups garden greens
- 2 slices of thinly sliced red onions
- 10 whole walnuts
- 10 grapes (red)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley chopped coarsely
- 2 Tablespoons dill chopped coarsely
- 8 mint leaves chopped coarsely
- Pinch of kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Shallot vinaigrette
Ingredients for the Shallot Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions for the Salad:
- Peel grapefruit and orange and section into slices.
- Peel and pit the avocados and slice them into 1/2" thick pieces.
- Divide the greens among two plates. For each plate, take 3 slices of grapefruit and 3 slices orange, and place over top of salad greens. Then to each plate add 3 slices avocado, and some onion slices.
- Top each plate with 5 grapes and 5 shelled whole walnuts. Pour 1-2 tablespoons shallot vinaigrette dressing (receipe below) over the top.
- Garnish with coarsely chopped Italian parsley, dill and mint leaves.
Directions for the Dressing:
- Combine the mustard and shallot in a bowl, and whisk in the olive oil slowly.
- Continue to whisk to incorporate all the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Whisk to blend all ingredients until smooth. Add salt.
- This vinaigrette will keep in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Click here to get your copy of Cristina Ferrare's cookbook, "Big Bowl of Love." Get additional recipes from Cristina at cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.