Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 white grapefruit, peeled & sectioned
- 1 navel orange, peeled & sectioned
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups garden greens
- 2 slices of thinly sliced red onions
- 10 whole walnuts
- 10 grapes (red)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley chopped coarsely
- 2 Tablespoons dill chopped coarsely
- 8 mint leaves chopped coarsely
- Pinch of kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Shallot vinaigrette
Ingredients for the Shallot Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions for the Salad:
- Peel grapefruit and orange and section into slices.
- Peel and pit the avocados and slice them into 1/2" thick pieces.
- Divide the greens among two plates. For each plate, take 3 slices of grapefruit and 3 slices orange, and place over top of salad greens. Then to each plate add 3 slices avocado, and some onion slices.
- Top each plate with 5 grapes and 5 shelled whole walnuts. Pour 1-2 tablespoons shallot vinaigrette dressing (receipe below) over the top.
- Garnish with coarsely chopped Italian parsley, dill and mint leaves.
Directions for the Dressing:
- Combine the mustard and shallot in a bowl, and whisk in the olive oil slowly.
- Continue to whisk to incorporate all the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Whisk to blend all ingredients until smooth. Add salt.
- This vinaigrette will keep in an airtight container for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.