1. Heat a heavy stockpot on medium-high heat.
2. Add the olive oil until hot but not smoking.
3. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until the garlic starts to turn a golden brown (take care not to burn garlic).
4. Add white wine and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add crushed tomatoes, sugar, kosher salt, black pepper, and chicken stock.
6. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to low boil and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
7. Add the torn bread mix and let sit about 5 minutes to help it absorb some of the liquid.
8. Heat through and serve in individual bowls.
9. Garnish with fresh basil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and extra red pepper flakes on each serving!