- Fresh cranberries (12 oz)
- Fresh orange juice (1 cup)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Port wine (1/2 cup)
- Cinnamon (1 teaspoon)
- Raisins (1/4 cup)
- Orange zest (1 tbsp)
- Chopped walnuts (1/4 cup)
- Fresh mint sprigs (6)
- Ice cream (peppermint?)
To make the spiced cranberry:
- Place walnuts in small cold frying pan to toast.
- Turn heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes (until they start to release their natural oil and turn golden).
- Set walnuts aside.
- Place all other ingredients into a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- When cranberries beign to pop, boil 3-5 minutes longer.
- Turn off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the toasted walnuts and orange zest & chop one tablespoon of fresh mint.
- Mix together, cover tightly, and place in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.