- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
Recipe by: Corey Rupp, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Prep/Total Time: 30 min. Recipe:
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until outside surface of chicken is no longer pink.
- Add green onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and stock until smooth; stir into pan.
- Add coconut milk, lime juice, curry paste and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve with rice; sprinkle with coconut.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup chicken mixture with ½ cup rice equals 358 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1½ fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer.
Cristina Cooks Thai Chicken Curry
For More Great "Taste of Home" Recipes, go to www.tasteofhome.com.