• 4 apricots, pitted and cut into sixths (about 2 cups)
• 12 ounces strawberries (about 15), hulled and halved, or quartered if large (about 2 ½ cups) • ½ cup sugar • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice • 1 teaspoon cornstarch • Pinch of salt
• ½ stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for baking dish • ½ cup packed light-brown sugar • ⅓ cup all-purpose flour • ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon • ⅛ teaspoon coarse salt • 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted (⅓ cup) Serving:
• 1 pint strawberry ice cream
- Combine all crumble ingredients in a medium bowl and massage together with your fingers until butter is incorporated and mixture forms small clumps.
- Refrigerate until mixture is cold, at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9 ½-inch shallow round baking dish or pie plate.
- Combine all filling ingredients in another medium bowl.
- Transfer to baking dish and top with crumble.
- Bake until bubbling in center and crumble is browned, about 40 minutes.
- Let cool at least 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream.
Cristina Cooks Strawberry and Nectarine Crisp
Get more great recipes from Cristina at: www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.