- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chili pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
This "Taste of Home" recipe was submitted by Dustin Anderson – Camarillo, CA
Prep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min. Recipe:
- In a small saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute garlic and shallot until tender.
- Add orange juice and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until reduced to ¼ cup.
- Stir in the honey, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown salmon in oil on both sides.
- Brush with ¼ cup sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Brush with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.
Scrumptious California Salmon
For more great "Taste of Home" recipes, go to: www.tasteofhome.com.