- 1 quart sauerkraut
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 12 Nate 'n Al hot dogs or all-beef hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns
- Ketchup, Dijon, or yellow mustard and sliced Kosher pickles, for garnish
To make the sauerkraut:
- Heat a saucepan on medium high heat for 30 seconds, add canola oil and onions and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stir, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly, then add ½ cup water.
- Pour the whole quart of sauerkraut along with its juice into the saucepan. Turn the heat to medium low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
To get Nate 'n Al's hot dogs, go to NateNAl.com and follow them on Twitter @NateNAl and Facebook.com/NateNAl.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.