Ingredients for raviolis:
- 1 packages of wontons
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves sliced thin
Serves 4 (Will make 16 Raviolis)
* Instead of making own dough for the raviolis, use wonton skins.
* Do not use a colander to drain the ravioli it will break open the skins and the filling will come out. Use a slotted spoon to gently lift them one at a time out of the water and gently shake off the remaining water. * The ravioli can be frozen for up to 3 months. Instructions:
For filling, in a bowl combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, egg and nutmeg. Mix together well.
Lay 16 wonton skins on a clean surface and brush all four the sides using a pastry brush with water. Add 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle of each wonton square. Holding a wonton in one hand brush entire surface with water and place wet side down on top of filling. Press sides together gently. Continue until all 16 raviolis are filled. Use ravioli or pizza cutter to remove extra wonton skins from sides. Lift gently and press the edges on all 4 sides to seal completely. Raviolis should look like a fluffy pillow. Place the raviolis on a baking sheet generously dusted with flour. This is important so the ravioli does not stick. Chill raviolis in fridge for 30 minutes on a baking sheet lined with flour. Once chilled, add raviolis to boiling water for 2-3 minutes. You can use your favorite sauce or if you like my marina sauce,
Get more delicious recipes from Cristina at cristinaferrarecooks.com.