- 1 x 1.6 kg whole chicken, butterflied 600g kipfler potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Garlic (3 cloves)
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper for flavoring
- 2 Long Green chilies, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup (150g) whole egg mayo
- ½ cup (60g) sour cream
- Preheat oven to 220° C (425° F).
- To make the Peri Peri Marinade place the garlic, chili, paprika, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Reserve a ¼ cup of the marinade and rub the chicken with the remaining marinade.
- Place the chicken on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Thread 2 metal skewers horizontally thru the chicken.
- Set aside.
- Place the potatoes, thyme, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on a separate lightly greased baking tray.
- Place the chicken and potatoes in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the chick and roast for a further 20 minutes, brushing with the reserved marinade every 10 minutes, or until the chicken and the potatoes are cooked through.
- While the chicken and potatoes are cooking, make the green chili dressing.
- Place the chili, coriander, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small food processor and process to a smooth paste.
- Add the mayo and sour cream and process until just combined.
Serve the chicken and the potatoes with the green chili dressing.
Portuguese-Style Peri-Peri Chicken with Crispy Potatoes