- 1 small to medium clove Garlic
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan
- ⅓ Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup roasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
Cristina's Pesto Recipe:
- Chop 1 small to medium clove garlic in a food processor.
- Trim 12 oz. asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Add the asparagus to the processor with ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, ¼ cup roasted pine nuts, 1 tsp. fresh oregano, ¼ kosher salt, and ⅛ tsp. fresh ground black pepper.
- Puree to a thick consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
* Refrigerated pesto is good up to 1 week. Pesto is great for using on sandwiches or as a spread.
“Lucky” Pesto Pasta:
- Boil Pasta Al Dente.
- Trim 1lb. asparagus and cut crosswise into ½ inch pieces, leaving the tips whole.
- In large frying pan, combine 2 pressed or minced medium cloves of garlic, ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, ½ tsp kosher salt, and ⅛ tsp. cayenne.
- Boil 1 lb. "Lucky" Pasta, 1 cup fresh peas, and asparagus together.
- Drain pasta and toss with the pesto.
- Garnish with ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts, ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint, and 2 oz. goat cheese.
- Add Pancetta.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- Add Cream.
- Season to taste.
Lucky Pesto Pasta
And make sure you visit us on pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.