• 3 cups unbleached flour, plus more for dusting a work surface
• Fine sea salt • 1 envelope (¼ ounce) active dry yeast • 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Process the flour and 2 teaspoons salt in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the dough hook until thoroughly incorporated, 1 minute.
- Put the yeast in another bowl. Whisk in ¼ cup warm water, then 2 tablespoons of the oil. Let rest until the liquid begins to foam, about 10 minutes, then pour this mixture into the center of the flour. Mix the flour and yeast solution until incorporated. Add ¾ cup warm water to the flour and mix again until the dough pulls together in a single, unified mass.
- Turn the mass out onto a lightly floured surface and begin to knead the dough by working it with the heel of your hand. Push outward and pull the inside edge over the top. Repeat the process over and over to create a smooth ball of dough free of stickiness. This should take 6 to 8 minutes.
- Brush a clean, stainless-steel bowl with the remaining tablespoon oil and put the ball of dough in the bowl. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise at room temperature until it has doubled in size, 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- When the dough has risen, divide it in half, or thirds for thinner pizzas, and shape the pieces into balls that will later be patted into the traditional pizza shape. The balls of dough can be individually wrapped in plastic and frozen for up to 2 months.
Flatbread Pizza Ingredients:
• 1 Flatbread
• 1 Cup Shredded Zucchini • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil • ½ Cup Chopped Grape Tomatoes • 2 Tablespoons White Cheese • 3 Leaves Fresh Basil, Chopped
- Bake flatbread for another 10-15min at 450F until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cristina Cooks Homemade Flatbread
And make sure you visit us on pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.