Ingredients For Raviolis
- 1 packages of wontons
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves sliced thin
- For filling, in a bowl combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, egg and nutmeg. Mix together well.
- Lay 16 wonton skins on a clean surface and brush all four the sides using a pastry brush with water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle of each wonton square.
- Holding a wonton in one hand brush entire surface with water and place wet side down on top of filling. Press sides together gently. Continue until all 16 raviolis are filled.
- Use a ravioli or pizza cutter to remove extra wonton skins from the sides. Lift gently and press the edges on all 4 sides to seal completely. Raviolis should look like a fluffy pillow.
- Place the raviolis on a baking sheet generously dusted with flour. This is important so the ravioli does not stick.
- Chill raviolis in fridge for 30 minutes on a baking sheet lined with flour. Once chilled, add raviolis to boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Use your favorite sauce!
* Instead of making your own dough for the raviolis, use wonton skins.
* Do not use a colander to drain the ravioli it will break open the skins and the filling will come out. Use a slotted spoon to gently lift them one at a time out of the water and gently shake off the remaining water. * The ravioli can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Cristina Cooks Wonton Ravioli
Get more great recipes from Cristina at: www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.