First up is our lemonade bar. You want to make sure that your guests are properly hydrated. Why not offer some delicious beverages with a lemonade bar?
We made lemonade that is not only seasonally appropriate, but it's also equally refreshing: watermelon, cucumber mint, and strawberry lemonade!
- You start with fresh lemonade. Whatever you wish to flavor your lemonade with: strawberries, cucumber and mint, or watermelon. Blend it in a blender.
- Place a strainer over a bowl and using the back of a wooden spoon, force the pulp through the strainer.
- Take the juice from the bowl and mix it in to the lemonade.
- Add as much as you like until you get your desired flavor.
I've got some lovely savory snacks, as well. My diploma wraps look just like little diplomas!
- Take any cold cuts and cheeses that you like.
- Layer the cheese on top of the meat.
- Roll them up and then tie them together with a scallion!
- You'll get a savory little treat and the scallion adds that special flavor! Mix and match cold cuts and cheeses!
These little savory delights look just like textbooks.
- We've taken squash, yellow or green, and cut them lengthwise into ribbons, and then cut them to size to mimic a book cover.
- Then we took firm mozzarella and placed a chunk inside our "book cover" to be our "pages."
- The final savory touch is our prosciutto "bookmark." A thin slice of prosciutto is all you need. It's chalked full of flavor!
Graduation Cap Candies
Lastly, we have something sweet! I call these: "graduation cap candies."
- You start with peanut butter cups. Turn them up side down on to parchment paper.
- We'll then top the off with chocolate cookie squares. Secure with icing.
- The final touch is the tassel. You will take an M&M and place it on top of some rope candy. Secure it to the top of the cap with some icing. And voila! You have your graduation cap candies!
- Base the color of your M&M, rope candy, and icing on your graduate's school colors!
Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.