- 12 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 6 English muffins, split and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Place half of the Canadian bacon in a greased 3-qt. or 13 x 9-in baking dish; top with English muffins and remaining bacon. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and onion powder; pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle top with paprika. Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over simmering water, whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and mustard until blended; cook until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and temperature reaches 160°, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to very low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Serve immediately with casserole.
You can always get great recipes and tips from our friends at "Taste of Home" magazine by visiting them at www.tasteofhome.com.
And make sure you visit us on pinterest for more great recipes and crafts!