Ingredients for Wontons and Sauce
- Soy sauce (1 tbsp)
- Lime juice (3 tbsp)
- Fish sauce (2 tbsp)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Chile paste (1 tsp)
- Ginger, freshly grated (1 tsp)
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- Wonton wrappers (24)
- Cooking spray
- Beef tenderloin (½ lb)
- Kosher salt, pepper (to taste)
- Canola oil (2 tbsp)
- Red pepper (1 small)
- Scallions (2 finely diced)
- Sour cream (¼ cup)
- Cilantro leaves (at least 24)
Shanti's Asian Pear-adise Cocktail Ingredients:
- Lime wedge
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pear juice (1 cup)
- Soju (1 cup)
- Sparkling White Grape Juice (1 cup)
- Asian pear slices
- Sugar in the raw (3 tbsp)
- Powdered Ginger (1 tsp)
For the sauce:
Combine soy sauce, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, chile paste, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl and mix until sugar dissolves, set aside.
For the wontons:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray wonton wrappers with cooking spray.
- Use a 2 inch-muffin tin, press wonton wrappers down into tin, and push back the corners to make a defined cup.
- Bake wontons until golden brown (6-8 mins).
For the meat:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat canola oil in ovenproof saute pan until very hot.
- Sear beef in pan (1-2 mins/side).
- Transfer the pan w/ beef to the oven and cook to medium rare (5-6 mins).
- Let beef rest before dicing into small pieces.
- Combine red pepper and scallion with beef, mix in medium bowl.
- Add pre-made sauce to beef, peppers and scallion, toss.
- Fill cooled wonton cups with the filling (1 tbsp/cup).
- Combine lime juice, pear juice, soju, and ice. Shake together well and pour into martini glass.
- Top with sparkling white grape juice.
- Put sugar and ginger on a plate, rub lime wedge along rim of glass, dip glass rim in sugar/ginger mixture.
- Garnish with slices of Asian pear.
Click here to get your copy of Cristina's cookbook, "Big Bowl of Love." Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com