Recipe Courtesy of Chef Hayley ChristopherMagical Chocolate Shell Ingredients:
• 12 ounces Ghiradelli 60% cacao chips
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil, solid Recipe:
- Set a bowl over boiling water to create a bain marie, place chocolate and coconut oil in bowl and melt stirring frequently with a rubber spatula. Allow to cool to room temperature, pour over ice cream and watch it create a hard shell! Chocolate keeps in an airtight container, I recommend a mason jar, in the refrigerator for one month.
- Feel free to play around with this recipe, adding sprinkles, nuts, vanilla, candies, chopped cookies, or even coconut to make it your own!
For Crunchy Cracker Jack Ice Cream Ingredients:
• 1 tub of salted caramel ice cream (we are using private selection Salted Caramel Truffle which has caramel cups in it)
• 1 7 ounce bag of Cracker Jacks • ½ cup cornflakes • Extra peanuts toasted (optional)
- Using a large round ice cream scoop, scoop out ice cream onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Pop back into the freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, make crunchy topping by combining Cracker Jacks, Cornflakes, and peanuts (if using) in a food processor and blend until chopped fine. Remove ice cream from freezer and roll into cracker jack topping, packing coating to reform a ball as you go. Return ice cream to freezer and allow to firm for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately with chocolate shell and extra cracker jacks for garnish! Play ball!
Cristina Cooks Cracker Jack Ice Cream
Click here to get your copy of Cristina's cookbook, "Big Bowl of Love."