- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs (approximately 7 full graham crackers)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 super-sized (5 oz.) dark chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey's)
- 1½ cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)
Makes 16 Cookie Bars
- Put the second half of dough in gallon sized freezer bag. Use rolling pin to flatten it out and then use scissors to cut down the side of the bag. Take the dough out of the bag and fit it over the top spreading it out if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined. Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough. Two 5 oz. Hershey's Bars should fit perfectly side by side, but break the chocolate (if necessary) to get it to fit in a single layer no more than ¼ inch thick. Spread marshmallow fluff evenly over the chocolate layer.
- Place remaining dough in a single layer on top of the fluff. This is most easily done by putting the second half of the dough in a gallon size freezer bag. Use your palms to flatten it out and then use scissors to cut down both long sides of the bag, so it will open up book-style. Open it up carefully and the dough will stick on one side of the bag. Then place the bag, dough side down, on the other three layers. From there, peel the bag up and spread the dough where it is uneven.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.