- 6 to 8 packages ladyfingers
- 2 boxes lemon or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart fresh whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, rinsed, stems removed and cut up
- 2 packages fresh blueberries
- 4 packages fresh raspberries
- Rum, optional
- Make the pudding according to package directions, cover with plastic wrap, and bring to room temperature.
- Add sugar and vanilla to the whipping cream and beat until stiff. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Split open the ladyfingers and line the bottom of a 9-inch-by-14-inch glass baking dish with the rounded side down. (If you want to add a "sprinkle" of rum or fresh orange over the tops of the ladyfingers, do so before adding the layers of pudding.) Add a layer of the pudding mix and spread over the top of the ladyfingers. Add a layer of cut-up strawberries over pudding. Add another layer of ladyfingers rounded side down and repeat the same process with the pudding until you have reached the top of the baking dish.
- Spread a generous portion of the whipped cream over the top of the cake evenly. Make 5 rows of 10 blueberries to represent the 50 states in the flag.
- Fill a pastry bag with the remaining whipped cream with a tip to make ridges for the white stripes, leaving about 1 inch in between stripes.
- Take the raspberries and add them in between the ridges in a neat row close together to form the red stripes. Keep going until you have completed the flag!
Cristina Cooks - American Flag Cake
Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.