- 2 Slices Pain de Mie Bread
- 2 Generous Tbsp. Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 2-3 Leaves of Butter Lettuce (depending on size)
- 4–6 Slices of Vine Ripened Tomatoes (depending on size)
- 8 Slices of Crispy Applewood Smoked Bacon (thick cut)
Notes: First of all, you're going to want to use a Pain de Mie bread. Pain de Mie is just a type of slice packaged French bread and "la mie" refers to the soft part of the bread, which is called the crumb. It has sugar in it, which makes it sweeter than most French breads.
For bacon, go with a thick cut like applewood smoked bacon for added flavor.
- Toast the bread.
- While still warm, spread the mayonnaise evenly over both sides of the bread.
- Evenly layer the lettuce, tomatoes, and bacon. Be sure to spread all ingredients to the edge of the bread.
If you live in or plan to visit Los Angeles, check out Joan McNamara's restaurant Joan's on Third www.joansonthird.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.
Joan McNamara Cooking