- ½ Cup Homemade Vanilla Glucerna® Shake
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 3 oz per breast), cut into 4 strips each
- ½ tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 shallots, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 cups button mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
- ⅔ cup hot, cooked egg noodles
MAKES 4 servings
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
1. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and brown, cooking 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
3. Transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
4. Using the same hot pan, add the shallots and 2 Tbsp water and sauté until the shallots are softened.
5. Add the paprika and mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms are golden.
6. Add the chicken stock, mustard, and parsley, and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
7. In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp cold water and the cornstarch, then add it to the sauce.
8. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
9. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the Glucerna.
10. Add the cooked chicken and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes (chicken should be cooked thoroughly, but do not allow the sauce to boil).
11. Serve each portion of chicken over 1/3 cup cooked noodles.
12. Garnish with parsley and sour cream.