- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 3 cans of corn (liquid removed)
- 2 lbs of crawfish tail meat with fat (orange liquid that comes in the pack)
- 4 cups of water (to be combined with crawfish)
- 12 ounces of crab claw meat
- 2 quarts of heavy whipping cream
- Two bundles of green onions chopped
- 1 teaspoon of crab shrimp and crawfish boil liquid
- Cajun seasoning to taste
1) Place crawfish with orange fat in a large bowl or container. Pour the 4 cups of water all over the crawfish. Stir it around to get the fat to stay in the water because that will be your stock. With a slotted spoon remove crawfish from the water to place in a bowl. Put the stock to the side for later.
2) To make the roux, you'll need to melt butter in the pot you will be using for the soup, once melted add flour and begin to continuously stir the flour and butter with a whisk to cook the flour until it turns a light peanut butter color.
3) Remember to stir evenly to catch every area of the surface.
4) Add corn and crawfish tails to the roux to calm it down before you add the cream.
5) Add cream, stock, green onions, and crab meat and mix well.
6) Add crawfish boil and season to taste, let simmer on medium for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
7) Serve garnished with green onions
CHeck out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page