- 2-pound side of salmon, skinless/boneless
- ½ pound blanched asparagus spears, bases trimmed/cut
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound jumbo lump blue crab or fresh california dungeness crab
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup hellman’s mayonnaise
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ cup chives
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ¼ cup diced green apple
BOURBON CRANBERRY GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1. Make the stuffing: combine all stuffing ingredients and allow to rest for 1 minute.
2. Heat oven to 400˚.
3. Salmon: Butterfly the entire salmon filet and open up like a book. Flip over so the skin-side is facing up and lay the salmon on a cutting board in front of you horizontally. Spread the crab mixture over ¾ of the salmon, leaving a space at the top. Line the asparagus atop the crab mixture. Roll the salmon and tie along the roast in even spaces. Slice the salmon pieces each wrapped with kitchen twine and place them on a sheet pan.
4. Rub salmon medallions with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes.
5. Make the sauce: Combine all ingredients and simmer for roughly 20 minutes, until reduced and thickened.
6. Plate: Line plate/platter with cranberry glaze. Place salmon on top. Garnish with fresh chives. Serve with a side salad and fresh chives.