Chef David Rose of "Food Network Star," is making a seafood appetizer with homemade aioli.
Crab Beignets with Chili Aioli
- 1 LB Jumbo Lump Crab meat
- 1 roasted yellow sweet corn (kernels removed) about 1/2 cup roasted kernels
- 3 cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/2 LB Parmesan cheese wedge
- 1 cup kewpie mayo
- 1.5 teaspoons Chiu chow style chili oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Crab Beignets - Home & Family
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and all dry seasonings in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in egg and whole milk until all clumps are gone and smooth consistency.
- Add crab, corn, bacon and chives to batter and stir in until well incorporated.
- In a small saucepot add vegetable oil to about 1.5” depth, bring to medium heat.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, or spoon, to portion out round beignet size balls into oil. (About 1.5” width)
- Fry for about 3 to 5 mins until golden brown and completely cooked thru; flipping beignets halfway thru cook time.
- Drain beignets on paper towel lined plate, and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Generously top beignets with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with chili aioli. Bon appetit!
Stack 3 beignets together for height, top with freshly grated Parmesan, serve with a ramekin of chili aioli.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, season to taste with S&P.
You may also like these recipes: