Directions for Beignets
1) Whisk together flour, baking powder, and all dry seasonings in a medium bowl.
2) Whisk in egg and whole milk until all clumps are gone and smooth consistency.
3) Add crab, corn, bacon and chives to batter and stir in until well incorporated.
4) In a small sauce pot add vegetable oil to about 1.5” depth, bring to medium heat.
5) Use a small ice cream scoop, or spoon, to portion out round beignet size balls into oil. (About 1.5” width)
6) Fry for about 3 to 5 mins until golden brown and completely cooked thru; flipping beignets halfway thru cook time.
7) Drain beignets on paper towel lined plate, and lightly sprinkle with salt.
8) Generously top beignets with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with chili aioli. Bon appetit!
Stack 3 beignets together for height, top with freshly grated Parmesan, serve with a ramekin of chili aioli.
Directions for Aioli
1) Place all ingredients into a food processor, season to taste with S&P.